Mr. Stock Pick Blog Introduction

Welcome, and let Mr. Stock Pick do the homework and find great investment ideas. Subscribe and check frequently for the latest updates/information.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Brief Introduction & My Portfolio


Hello everyone,

My name is Brian, I am also known as "Brian Trouble" or "Ron Ron". I have an interest in investing which comes from my background in a specialized course for banking and wealth management at my local college. I am putting together this blog to educate others about my form of investing. I believe in long term investments(95% of the time), Short term trades do arise and for that reason you always need some cash on the sidelines. I have met so many people that have 100% of their money into equities, its unbelievable. My goal is to educate individuals how to successfully invest in money markets. This education is extremely important and will result in greater returns and picking winning stocks. As I am a believer in the long-term for equities I will also cover commodities and currencies for you day traders out there.

The weekly Blogs will consist of:
  • Market updates /outlooks
  • Detailed Stock Picks
  • Tips for success (starting from the basics)
  • My personal portfolio and updates
  • + More - so visit frequently


Portfolio:
Below I have my current stock portfolio and how it weighs in the account. I am for the US recovery although others don' t see the big picture, it will happen. I am not diversified by holding a stock in every sector, but I feel comfortable with having 10% of my portfolio in cash. The number was recently higher but I have picked up more Google on weakness. I need to stress how important it is to have cash in your account. Picking up quality stocks on dips due to uncertainty and market confusion is a great way to get a deal on companies for the long term.


Stock Symbol & Name % of my portfolio
BAC(Bank of America) - 55 %
GOOG(Google) - 35 %
CASH(money) - 10 %


I will talk specifically about the 2 stocks that are being held in my portfolio in the next blog. In the mean time the markets are down about 7% from the year high, I think now is the time to implement some of that cash and pick some winners.

Good bye for now,

Mr. Stock Pick

No comments:

Post a Comment